Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Chocolate Overdose


I know I'm on a bit of a cookbook reviewing rampage, but ever since this "kids-the-kitchen" experiment, I've found myself pulling a lot of my old favorites, like Nigella Lawson's Nigella Express, off the bookshelf, hoping to entice Cade or Lucy with them.


And I know I've also talked a lot about Nigella Lawson, but any woman whose cookbook features a picture of two Chocolate DOA Cookies (that's my affectionate name for them) with a tall glass of chocolate milk is not only a person to admire, but a person to love.


Cade chose to make these cookies a couple of weeks ago and let me give you a bit of advice beforehand: you will want to double this recipe. Your good sense will tell you not to, it will say that having any extra of these around will inevitably result in something very, very bad, but go ahead and just ignore your good sense and heed my wisdom. And then leave your thank you's in the comments below.

So here you are. Ms. Lawson actually borrowed this recipe from another chef named Elinor Klivans, whose cookbook Big Fat Cookies looks downright edible. Enjoy!

http://www.cookstr.com/recipes/totally-chocolate-chocolate-chip-cookies

1 comment:

  1. I am thinking that if I open these recipes I will no doubtedly end up in a bigger jean size...they look sooooooo good. . .

    ReplyDelete