Wednesday, September 21, 2011

THE Butterfinger Cookie Recipe


I love cookies. I love chocolate. I love peanut butter.

The following recipe combines those three loves in a beautiful way. I would like nothing better than to take credit for creating this recipe, but alas, it is not mine. I found it tucked away on the back page of a Taste of Home magazine many years ago, and ever since that discovery, it has been an all-time favorite in our household. I now pass it on for you and your family to enjoy!

Butterfinger Cookies

5 full-size (not king-size) Butterfinger candy bars, crushed
½ c. butter, softened
¾ c. sugar
2/3 c. brown sugar, packed
2 egg whites
1 ¼ c. chunky peanut butter
1 ½ tsp. vanilla
1 c. flour
½ tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add egg whites; beat well. Blend in peanut butter and vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in crunched candy bars. Shape into 1 ½ inch balls and place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 10-12 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment