Friday, December 23, 2011

Day 2 of the Cookie Countdown: The Cookie that Stole My Heart


When Shawn and I lived in England 6 years ago, our brother-in-law (a Brit himself) introduced us to a sweet little bakery called Ben's Cookies. As many of you know, cookies hold a very special place in my heart, and therefore, I tend to be a bit of a cookie snob. I hold high standards for the cookies I eat, and for this very reason, I rarely buy cookies from a store--I'm a made-from-scratch cookie consumer.

Then Ben's Cookies entered my life- wait, let me rephrase that. Then Ben's Triple Chocolate Chunk Cookie entered my life. There are not words, my friends, to describe this cookie. It is simply an experience meant to be enjoyed by each and every one of your five senses.

Unfortunately, this is not the recipe I am giving you today; one day perhaps, I will have that beauty in my clutches, but not today.

Instead, I give you one of my own triple chocolate recipes that is reminiscent of Ben's masterpiece. My husband seems to think it is a masterpiece in and of itself, and since he's almost as picky as I am about cookies, I hold that as the highest of compliments. So for the chocolate lovers on your Christmas list, seal up a bag of these and consider your shopping done.

Mai's Triple Chocolate Cookies
1 c. salted butter, softened
1/2 c. white sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. dark brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 c. unsweetened cocoa
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2 c. mixture of milk, dark, and white chocolate chunks

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment paper.

In a large mixing bowl, combine butter and sugars; mix until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time. Then add vanilla. In a separate bowl combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Add flour mixture to butter mixture and mix to combine. Stir in 2 cups of chocolate.

Drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto lined baking sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until cookies no longer look doughy. Remove to cooling rack. Makes 2-3 dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment