Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Cookie Countdown Day 4: Christmas in a Cookie

Today's recipe comes from one of my favorite cookbooks, Feast, by Nigella Lawson. Please forgive this slight tangent, but if you don't own any of her cookbooks, I highly recommend putting a bug in your nearest and dearest's ear to get one for you this Christmas. Above all else, her cookbooks are always a good read in and of themselves because the woman can not only cook, she can write. And her recipes are so tangible, built for the common cook like you and I, easy but full of flavor.

Now, on to the good stuff. I initially made this recipe (whose link is provided below) a few years ago, and the first bite I took of the finished result I heard Christmas carols singing and saw snowing falling all around me. This cookie is Christmas in an edible 3-inch diameter.

I love what Miss Lawson did by starting with the basic idea of an oatmeal raisin cookie and then deepening the concept by adding chopped pecans, white chocolate, and exchanging the raisins for dried cranberries. The end result is both delectable and gorgeous.

Miss Lawson, a many thanks for allowing us to add your Cranberry and White Chocolate Cookies to our dessert array this year. Happy Baking, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment